General Job Description
This position is primarily responsible for maintenance and repairs on heavy duty big rig diesel trucks.
Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair diesel engines. For example air conditioning system, brake system, overhead valve adjustments, etc.
Skills and Requirements
- Must have own tools
- Must have experience in: brake inspections, air condition system, overhead valve adjustment.
- Proper and safe use of basic hand and power tools.
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision, and function well as a team member.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and comprehend so as to ensure effective communication across all lines of employees, vendors, and customers.
- General computer skills.
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license during the course of employment - Class A preferred but not required.
Specialized Skills Required
- Must be able to climb on and around diesel truck equipment.
- Must be able to sit, kneel, walk, lift (up to 50 pounds) and carry for extended periods.
Job Conditions/Work Environment
- Monday through Friday (working every other weekend)
- Road call may be required
- Occasional travel to outside terminal locations may be required
- 4 years Journeyman/Equipment Maintenance experience required
- High School diploma required
Williams Tank Lines is a drug free work place.
Employment is contingent satisfactorily passing pre-employment exam and drug testing is required.
In compliance with Federal and State equal employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, non-job related disability, or any other protected group status.